Artificial intelligence is advancing at a rapid rate – and it’s everywhere! From our smartphones to our wearables, AI is now a constant fixture in 21st century life. But while applications such as Alexa and Siri have the ability to answer basic questions, they still lack qualities that make them truly useful to us. In this episode, Minds Worth Meeting converses with Affectiva CEO and Emotion AI inventor Rana el Kaliouby, who reveals how, with AI, the way humans interact with technology is changing for the better. Loaded with cases of profitable applications of her technology, she tells us just how her work impacts business and society. Recently, Affectiva stepped into the self-driving car space – keep an eye out for how emotion AI will change the way we drive.
Follow Rana on Twitter @kaliouby.
For more information about how people and machines interact as discussed in this episode, visit the links below:
- TED Talk – This App Knows How You Feel – From the Look on Your Face
- Watch Rana on PBS Nova Wonders
- Affectiva Launches A.I. Tech to Help Cars Sense Your Emotions
- An AI-Powered Design Trick Could Help Prevent Accidents Like Uber’s Self-Driving Car Crash
- The Pursuit of Unbiased AI: Ethics in the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- These Industries Can Benefit From Emotion AI Right Now
- Enhancing Customer Experiences with Emotion AI
Rana el Kaliouby is available for paid speaking engagements, including keynote addresses, speeches, panels and conference talks, and advisory/consulting services through exclusive representation by Stern Speakers, a division of Stern Strategy Group®.